Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Mud Times. By Sara MudSkipper

A group called 6C is coming to plant mangrove saplings today. I've heard they are giants! "They're coming!" yelled mother. I watched as they arrived wearing boots. They started stepping on our pets! "Cuddly Crab is dead!" my brother moaned. Suddenly one of the giants sank into the mud. People yelled and tried to help the other giant up out of the mud. One of the giants was just about of the mud when it started to sink really deep! They are very heavy. More of my friends started being stepped on and hurt! I was so sad! My best friend was being searched for by her parents but was nowhere to be found.

Very little of them stayed on the logs and pathways and followed the guides rules. Most of them wandered off the path, sank, and yelled for help. They're not very smart! One boy went to the end and back safely. Then he went back again, just to help one boy. How brave! I heard his name was Alex or Alexander.  Turns out he was the cleanest by the end. I wonder with so much mud how can he go in twice and not be the muddiest?

People continued to slip and fall.  It was a disaster for the people.  However, they were supposed to plant more saplings instead of killing them when the fell. Some people fell face first into the mud.  Most of them got injuries. People come every month but this lot had to be the clumsiest bunch we had ever seen.

I think that planting more mangrove saplings is a good idea, but unfortunately people get injured a lot. People are heavy and clumsy and should be much more careful when planting mangroves saplings. This is my personal opinion, not that it will make a difference. Thank you for reading this article, The Mud Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment