Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How Is Will Like Me, You Ask?

In Humanities, we have been assigned to read a book called the Giver or The White Mountains. The book Mr. Thomas told me to read is The White Mountains. In this blog/article I am going to talk about how the character Will is like me. Or in other words, I'll tell you about what Will and I have in common. Many of the other students has told me they like this book and I definitely agree. I would recommend this book to people who like science fiction.

Will and I have some things in common and some things which are not in common. Will is a kind and passive person and I think I am a kind person at times. I wish I was kind all the time and it is something I am working on. Will shows his kindness when he wants to show his fathers watch to Jake. He wanted to share this with his friend. That is kindness to me. Will is also a passive person. That to me is someone who is too shy to stand up for his or herself. It usually depends on my mood if I want to be passive or aggressive. When Will and Henry were fighting I felt he could do more to stand up for himself. Also, when Henry moved into Will's house I thought that Will should have questioned his moving in more to his mother but he just let it happen.

Will and I are also around the same age and that is another thing we have in common. The one thing that I don't have in common and am really happy about is that I haven't been capped although, sometimes I feel like it at school when I am told what to do all the time. Capped means someone being in control of you.

That is what Will and I have in common. Again, you should read this book if you haven't yet. If you enjoy science fiction you will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment